PAST - 2019 Annual General Meeting
Time & Location
About the event
Join us at Sydney's iconic Taronga Zoo for our 2019 Annual General Meeting and end-of-year celebration on Thursday 28 November from 3.00 – 7.00pm.
Our keynote speaker for the evening is Andrew Elphinstone, Manager Conservation and Recovery Programs, who will be presenting on Taronga Zoo’s renowned role in conservation interventions, rewilding, reforestation and breed for release programs in Australia and Sumatra.
IUCN Oceania Regional Programme Coordinator, Andrew Foran, will follow with an update on the network’s local programs and priorities.
2.45pm arrival for 3.00pm sharp start
3.00 - 4.00pm 2019 Annual General Meeting
4.00 - 5.35pm Ordinary Meeting and member forum including:
- IUCN Oceania regional update
- An update from the Australian Government on the Post-2020 Biodiversity Framework
- Opportunities and preparation for the 2020 IUCN World Conservation Congress
- Member updates
- Opportunity for discussion
5.35 - 6.00pm Keynote presentation by Taronga Zoo’s Andrew Elphinstone
6.00 - 7.00pm Opportunity to network and celebrate with fellow members
Please register via this Eventbrite page. Registrations close 20 November 2019.
The AGM will take place in the Boardroom of the Taronga Institute of Science and Learning. The zoo is easily accessible via a short, scenic ferry ride from Circular Quay. If you are catching the ferry, please allow additional time to make your way to the zoo entrance. If you are driving, parking is available in the nearby multi-story carpark.
- IUCN Member organisations may send up to 3 representatives (incl. 1 vote holder)
- ACIUCN Associates may send 1 representative (non-voting).
- Any outstanding annual ACIUCN Membership dues must be paid before the AGM.
- A call for nominations to the 2019 Executive Committee will be circulated 28 days prior to the AGM (nominations to be received no later than 14 days prior to the AGM) and papers will be circulated in due course.)